Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

365 Day Photographic Challenge

It's been awhile since I wrote on this blog-- I stopped when the school year started last August!

Well, now school is over and I have a little more time. I'd like to take pictures more often this year. So, at the encouragement of Rebekah at Honey and Cheese, I am participating in my first 365 Day Photographic Challenge.

Here are the pictures I've taken since June 1. (Yes, there are more than 8. I had trouble deciding which ones to eliminate). I have a not-quite-2-year-old daughter, so most pictures are going to be of her. Sorry, can't help it.

1/365 -- "Just Before Church" -- Aleigha collapse into mommy's and daddy's bedding and "read" a coloring book.


Same day...Aleigha reading her fav book while getting (another!) breathing treatment.


2/365 -- "Playing Outside" -- Aleigha enjoys collecting sticks and dandelions outside.



Gotta pick all the dandelions!
3/365 -- "Ready for a Walk" -- Gotta have all the essential things for walking!

Same day...Aleigha is being mommy's kitchen helper for the first time.


And, we took a lot of pictures this day, apparently. Aleigha is learning how to use the potty.

Chillin' on the potty.

...and lovin' it! 
4/365-- "Baby Houdini" -- Those are car keys, but Aleigha understand the basic essentials to un-lock the door. Yikes!

5/365 -- "Picnic with Daddy" -- We were preparing for a trip, and the table was covered with stuff, so Daddy and baby had a picnic on the floor.

6/365 -- "At a Conference" -- baby did her part...by falling asleep.

7/365-- "Playing at the conference" -- Oh, trust me on this one: Aleigha did so much more than sleep at the conference. She handled being confined to her stroller for most of the weekend well, but to give her an outlet for her energy, I took her to the nursing mothers room to run around.

So, where's 8/365? It exists...I promise. I'm not going to share it, but I'll describe it.

Aleigha is sitting on the potty, looking slightly concerned at her "success" (as in, she pooped in the potty!) So, I'm not going to share it because 1) it might embarrass her one day and 2) that's gross. 

So, that's our big news! We're making some potty progress. I had my doubts last week after a little (failed) pep talk: 

Me, to Aleigha, immediately after she pooped in her diaper: "Aleigha, we poo in the potty. Don't poop in your diaper. Poo goes in the potty." 

Aleigha stared at me for a few seconds. Then, she looked at the potty. "Poo"? 

"Yes, poo goes in the potty." 

She happened to be clutching her favorite stuffed Winnie-the-Pooh toy at the time, so she threw that into the potty. I caught myself saying, "No, Aleigha. Pooh doesn't go in the potty, er, I mean, Pooh bear doesn't....poo poo does. Poo? Poop? Oh great...." 

By then, the moment was lost. Pooh was in the potty. Poop was in the diaper. And I don't know what A.A. Milne was even thinking-- Winnie-the-Pooh bear? Pooh? Seriously? Any other mothers out there ever find Pooh in the toilet? Toddlers can't hear the silent "h" ya'll!


PS: I meant to post this yesterday, so now I have to take a 9/365 and post again today. Ah! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! This Auntie is excited about the prospect of a new Aleigha photo every day!

    Best, smartest Baby ever! I laughed so hard the first time I heard the Pooh story. Hey, you've got to give her props for her immediate, unquestioning obedience.

    Give her hugs and kisses from me! Next time Auntie April comes she'll collect sticks and dandelions with her and even teach her how to wear dandelions and leaves in her hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever, clever, the two of you are so very clever and charming. I love it! ♥
    Aleigha, and anyone else who wants to, can come over and pick our dandelions; they are not quite as large as the eastern flowers, but not in short supply I can assure you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please drop a note!