Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

When I grow up...I'm going to marry Tigger

When I was about 4 years-old, I told my mommy that I was married to Tigger (the bouncy striped tiger from Winnie-the-Pooh). My reason? He was just like my daddy.

Huh?

You see, my dad was a policeman who "worked in the fields" (patrolling the streets). Hmmm...what are fields? Oh yes! Where things grow! An orange grove. Tigger likes to bounce among the orange trees. He does what daddy does-- I want to marry someone like daddy. I want to marry Tigger! (So my 4 year-old mind reasoned).

A decade-and-a-half later my mom tells Jason (while we were courting) that I used to pretend to be married to a storybook animal as a child-- Tigger.


So, when Jason proposed to me, he unbuttoned his overshirt to reveal an light orange shirt with a picture of Tigger on it. He spoke the words on his shirt: "Can I be your Tigger?" (And, I said "yes"!)


Jason & I the day he proposed....see the Tigger shirt?

So, I shouldn't be surprised that Aleigha really like playing with...a Tigger rattle!
Aleigha at a few days shy of 7 months


1 comment:

  1. Sweetness and Smiles!!!! I love that anecdote; and it was well written!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please drop a note!