Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Happily Ever After... Year Two



Two years ago I married this man:


Jason getting ready on our wedding day
....and we couldn't be happier.



Life's changed so much for us over the past few years. After we were engaged in August 2010 . . .

9 months later, we were married. 
7 months after our wedding day we conceived. 
9 months later, we had Aleigha. 
8 months after our baby was born...we are more in love than ever. 

So much change has not been easy for us (we've been challenged and stretched!), but we've persevered through trying moments...and it's worth it!

Our Wedding Vows
Jason’s vows
I take you, Aubrey, to be my wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge you my troth.*

Aubrey’s vows
I take you, Jason, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and to obey, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give you my troth.*
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25




 *“Troth” means a promise of truthfulness and is derived from the same word as “truth.” Therefore, "Pledge you my troth" means that the groom pledges his truthfulness, faithfulness, and loyalty to his promise. "Give thee my troth"—the bride likewise gives her word. Betrothed is to be “trothed,” from the word “troth,” meaning promised or contracted to marry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please drop a note!